Submitted by: DustyPreparation Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesReady In: 50 minutesServes/Makes: 6Level of Difficulty: Medium
Meatless Baked Spaghetti
1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti, cooked ‘Al Dente’ (slightly firm)
2 1/2 c spaghetti sauce (no High Fructose Corn Syrup)
3 green onions, sliced
2 small tomatoes, chopped
10 mushrooms, sliced
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 c parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Microwave celery in covered glass dish for 90 seconds.
3. Combine spaghetti, tomato, mushrooms, celery and onion, pour in 9 x 13 casserole dish, sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
4. Pour spaghetti sauce over top.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 10 minutes.
7. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
For a non-vegetarian version add two cooked and cubed chicken breasts.
For variety, try switching the celery and onion for bell peppers and garlic.