Two days in a row!  I didn’t let you down this time, did I?

So, today was a total rest day in terms of my workouts and boy, did my body need it!  First of all, yesterday after the DMVvisit, I came home to finish answering my messages and get some work done before the school carpool service started up again (or “MOM”; as they call it here!) and I realized I couldn’t keep my eyes open for the life of me.

So, I decided I’d just “lie down” for a “few minutes” on the couch and close my eyes.  Just in case, though, I put the kitchen timer on for 30 minutes just “in case”.

Cut to me waking up (in a thick fog-like daze, no less) with the kitchen timer dinging off it’s rocker.

What time is it???

O M G….2:50 pm?  But 9 y.o. son gets out of school at 2:45 and goes into “panic mode” if mom isn’t standing religiously at the benches near the office at exactly 2:45:30….

and it’s now 2:50….gulp…

I ran out (yes, frantically, but really “trying” to stay calm and still in my fog-like daze) and drove the mile or so to his school to find him pacing up and down the hall near our “bench”.  I called to him and he looked like he could cry.

“Where WERE you????”  he asked, angrily, as he marched ahead of me towards my regular parking spot.

“I fell asleep”…I mumbled and then tried desperately to revert the conversation to how much of a good decision he had made to stay near our “benches”…

darn, I really heart those benches! …okay, sorry, got sidetracked…

Anyway, the rest of the day I felt pretty worn out and took it easier toward the end of the day.

I decided that since I was going to a meeting today; and how ridiculously tired I was, I’d make today my “rest day” and workout on Sunday, instead.

So, off I went, to the meeting with some of my team members and had a great informational day with some awesome recognition of my downline…(super proud of my girls!)

I get home and find 9 y.o. son on the computer with no idea where anyone else is.  Funny how I didn’t really care, either.

Made myself a Shakeology and sat down to catch up on some programs that were on DVR.

Then it happened again.  I fell asleep!!

It’s like I took a heavy dosage of sleeping pills or one of the more popular “relaxation” tabs.

But I hadn’t.  and I’m SURE of it!

I awoke to voices and realized my older son was in the kitchen with some of his friends and I think I kind of scared them, being passed out on the couch, maybe even making my “sleeping sounds”; which my hubby loves sooo much….NOT!

Anyway, I don’t know how; but I willed my body to stand and walk upstairs to my room where I fell asleep again on the couch.

Now, it’s time for bed and I’m still pretty beat!  I’m not worried either because I know how busy I’ve been the past few weeks and still hitting my workouts and eating plans HARD CORE!

I’ve felt this before and with an earlier sleep time tonight and later sleep in tomorrow morning, I’ll be up and ready to hit my workout again and do all my food prep for the upcoming week.

Nothing like starting fresh again, right?

What are you doing right?  


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s