Recipe: Chicken with Quinoa, Oranges, and Walnuts
(Makes 1 serving)
There was a time when bodybuilders looking to load up on calories turned to artery-clogging junk food to get the most caloric bang per mouthful. Well, those days are over. When you eat the Body Beast™ way, you can get all the calories you need while still keeping it super healthy—and super delicious.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (follow package directions or Beast guide)
- 3 oz. shredded rotisserie chicken breast (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 oz. walnuts, coarsely chopped (about 14 halves)
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Place quinoa, chicken, orange, walnuts, and cilantro in serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and enjoy.
Tip: Store-bought rotisserie chicken is very versatile. You can bone and skin the chicken and use the leftover meat in other recipes throughout the week. It’s great in sandwiches, soups, and salads.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
|686||34 g||4 g||76 mg||877 mg||61 g||10 g||13 g||39 g|