Recipe: Baja Black Beans and Rice
(Makes 1 serving)
Some of you may know the combination of beans and rice as a crucial part of dozens of indigenous cuisines. Others may know it as the cheap, filling way you managed not to starve to death in college. Regardless, when done right, it’s a healthy vegan source of complete protein guaranteed to break through hunger without breaking the bank.
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice (or quinoa if you’re feeling fancy)
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans (you can also use canned rinsed black beans)
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. crumbled fresh cheese (queso fresco)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine rice, black beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin in medium saucepan; mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese and cilantro (if desired).
Nutritional Information: (per serving)
|387||4g||1 g||5 mg||338 mg||70 g||16 g||4 g||18 g|
Body Beast™ and P90X®/P90X2® Portion Information
Body Beast Nutritional Information
P90X/P90X2 Nutritional Information:
|Carbs (P90X)||Legume (P90X2)||Grain (P90X2)|