Happy first day of 2013! I hope you had a wonderful and safe holiday. I was happy to send my kids off to their celebrations and enjoyed a quiet evening with my hubby and family. It was a great feeling to wake up this morning; fully rested and ready to start the year off right!
My marathon training plan had me run intervals today; so I ran to the local high school track and completed the round. It was quite an accomplishment. For those of you who are struggling to start or continue a workout plan; know that it is always HARD for everyone at certain points of the training. I had no desire to head out today. It was cold and I felt lazy; but in all of my reading and learning, I know that in order to succeed in my marathon (and everything else in life); we must push through no matter what. When we allow ourselves, or others, to talk us out of what we know we should be doing; we lose.
Today; I won.
While I ran; I was once again intrigued by song that was on my playlist. It mentioned some random and really non-important tidbits that I felt needed to be shared with you. Here, for your holiday’s amusement; are some random facts that you may or may not have known:
– 1 out of 4 Americans has appeared on TV
-Every day, 21 newborn babies will be given to the wrong parents
– the average person swallows 8 spiders in a year
– the average person laughs 13 times a day
– Elvis was originally blonde
– Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food from freezing
– did you know there is no such thing as “anti-wrinkle” cream?
– 22% of the time; pizza deliveries will arrive faster than an ambulance in Great Britain
– 3 people die every year; testing if a 9 volt battery works, on their tongue
– The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the most stolen book at the public library
– The world’s best known word is “okay”; the 2nd most well known word is “coca cola”
– Charles Chaplain once won 3rd place in a “Charles Chaplain” look alike contest
– only 1 book has been printed in more copies than the Bible. The Ikea Catalog…
– 1 cigarette takes away 5 minutes from a person’s life
– in 1950; there were 3 billion people on Earth…today, there is 6 billion
– Donald Duck was banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear pants
– more people die from a champagne cork popping than from poisonous spider bites
– A Danish guy invented the burglar alarm; unfortunately it got stolen…
All true and fun facts!!! That does it for me today…
More thought provoking and some totally nonsensical info coming to you this New Year!!!