This is the first day of your new fit and healthy life!!!
It WILL help you get in shape, but it is not just a short term diet or a quick fix.
Are you ready for staggering, long-term results? Then you MUST commit to a LIFESTYLE change. If you are expecting to drop a specific amount of weight and “go back to your normal habits; you are wasting your time. I don’t want anyone to waste valuable time. This challenge sets you up for success by showing you how to build a healthy lifestyle you can commit to. It will show you that healthy food can make you feel amazing and taste delicious. It will show you that exercise can boost your mood, energy and self-confidence. On top of that, this challenge will teach you that a positive mindset and an optimistic attitude can make all the difference in the world when it comes to the quality of your life. Are you ready?
Join The Spring to Summer challenge! There will be prizes and success for participating!
Ready to banish those extra holiday pounds once and for all? Let’s do this Challenge together!
To get results you need to exercise and eat right. You knew that, right? There’s actually more to it.
Fitness + Nutrition + Support = Success!
You must drop the “diet” mentality. Kick negative thoughts to the curb. Don’t overthink what needs to be done. Don’t beat yourself up at the slightest mistake. Even though you may have tried countless times to drop the weight in countless ways; know you will succeed if you keep going. You CAN do this. You have to believe in yourself. “Whether you can or you can’t, you’re right”. Repeat after me… “I absolutely can do this. This is my body and my life. I will mold it into something I am proud of.” The second you feel self-doubt creeping up, repeat that to yourself!
Keep in mind that transforming your life and shaping your body takes hard work, patience, dedication, determination and discipline. There is no magical pill, potion or gadget that will strip away body fat without breaking a sweat! If it were easy, everyone would be in fantastic shape. But if you commit for the long term and stay consistent with your healthy eating and exercise, you WILL reach your goals!
Familiarize yourself with the Team Beachbody website if you haven’t already! We have recipes, chat rooms, meal plans, workout programs, tips, informational articles, and more, spread throughout. Educating yourself is HUGE! If you are unsure about something, search out more information on it. Ask questions. Understand why you need to do what is asked of you.
Keep in mind that there is no “perfect diet’ or “perfect exercise”. Everyone is different. Find something you LOVE and can stick to and DO IT. I can help you find your “soul-mate workout”; as Chalene Johnson would say. What does this mean? Just what it sounds like! Let’s find the style of exercise that allows you to feel successful and strong. You will be surprised at how much you start to look forward to it each day. I will also teach you the importance of nutrition and how to choose the foods your body will use strictly for fuel and not for fat storage.
Here are 10 Tips for getting started on the Summer Challenge!
- Set realistic goals… small (ie. drink a gallon of water everyday), medium (ie. lose a pound a week) and major ones (compete in a fitness competition).
- Track your progress! Keep a journal log of your workouts, your food intake and your stats each week so you can track your progress easily! 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week is a reasonable and healthy goal (depending on your current weight). The scale is not always a good indication of your progress though! Numerous factors can affect the number that are unrelated to fat gain/loss. The way you feel, pictures, the way your clothes fit and your measurements are better ways of tracking progress!
- Get rid of the junk food! Make your own meals from wholesome lean proteins, veggies, fruits and healthy fats. Toss out the soda, cookies, chips, crackers, candy, white breads and pastas, fruit juice, sugary cereal, fast food or packaged, processed crap. A once a week cheat meal is fine though! This can be a reasonable portion of whatever you want!
- Cut out the alcohol. It significantly slows down your metabolism, promotes fat storage and breaks down muscle tissue. (the opposite of what you are working to do)
- Plan ahead… prepare your meals, snacks and workouts in advance, always keep workout clothes, a water bottle and Shakeology with a shaker cup in your car so you never have an excuse not to work out. “If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail”.
- Stay positive and be patient… You WILL have set-backs and losing weight/getting fit WILL take time. This is a marathon, not a sprint! You will occasionally cheat on your diet, you will miss a workout, you will stumble, you will make mistakes… you’re human! Nothing worth having ever comes easily… if it WERE that easy, everyone would be in shape! Know that you are only a failure if you QUIT. So don’t quit! You will regret it in the long run!
- Rid yourself of negativity. Surround yourself with people who support you. There is nothing worse than having negative and/or jealous people around when you are trying to make a healthy, positive change to your life. There WILL be people you THOUGHT were your friends try to drag you back to your old, unhealthy ways. They might tease, taunt or grill you for your new habits. Some people can’t handle change. If you find that your healthy habits are being mocked or demeaned by those around you … ask yourself why your ‘friends’ would want you to go back to being unhealthy. Do they not understand the sudden change? If so, explain to them why you’re doing it… Or, are those friends just jealous? If so, maybe they aren’t worthy of being in your life.
- Make a motivational posterboard or “whiteboard” of quotes, pictures, anything that will remind you of your goals and keep it where you can see it! Motivation is a very personal thing. Just because something motivates me, doesn’t mean it will necessarily motivate YOU. So think about what you looking to achieve and let’s get started together!
- Ask questions.. don’t be afraid of looking dumb! I asked millions of them when I first started (and still do sometimes!)
- Believe in yourself, believe you can do it. “The best way to predict your future, is to create it”.
Please keep in mind: The 12 Week-Spring to Summer Challenge is not just a short-term diet or a quick fix. If you want staggering, long-term results, you MUST commit to a LIFESTYLE change. This challenge sets you up for success by showing you how to build a healthy lifestyle you can commit to. It will show you that healthy food can make you feel amazing and taste delicious. It will show you that exercise can boost your mood, energy and self-confidence. On top of that, this challenge will teach you that a positive mindset and an optimistic attitude can make all the difference in the world when it comes to the quality of your life. We will stay committed to our programs and meals; as well as to each other throughout the next 12 weeks.
MEAL PLAN TIPS & GUIDELINES:
- Always make sure to check with a doctor before starting any diet or exercise program!
- Eat ALL of the meals listed for you, about 2-3 hours apart, DON’T skip meals.
- Cook as many of your meals at home, do not buy pre-packed meals or frozen dinners!
- Have a once a week cheat meal of whatever you want ( this means a “meal”; not “day”). Look to keeping this cheat meal under 1,500 calories…which is A LOT of food good food but can add up quickly with fried foods and processed choices.
- Do not add cream, sweeteners, sugar, condiments, dressings, marinades, croutons or sauces to anything unless it’s on the grocery list. They are typically packed with junk and hidden calories.
- Get rid of diet and regular sodas, sports, drinks, juice, store-bought smoothies, etc. Stick to good ol’ water and Shakeology!
- Use measuring cups and a food scale to measure everything, do not “eyeball it”. PORTION SIZES ARE KEY and guesstimating is not wise until you have been doing this a while. TRUST ME ON THIS. It’s one of the keys to success on this challenge!
- Always carry a water bottle, an apple and a bag of nuts in your purse or car in case of emergencies (so you don’t get stuck somewhere where junk is only available). “If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!”
- Drink a big glass of ice water with lemon 15 minutes before meals to keep from overeating if you have a habit of doing so.
- For serving sizes, read the labels. When natural peanut butter says a tablespoon, they mean a LEVEL tablespoon, not heaping! Same goes for 1/2 cup and 1 cup.. LEVEL not heaping!
- If you’re very busy or on-the-go, prepare your meals in advance! Cook in bulk on one or two days a week and separate meals into individual tupperware containers. Store most in the freezer and the number you will need the next day in the fridge to thaw. That way in the morning you can just grab them and go!
- Get rid of the junk food! If you don’t buy it, you won’t eat it!
- The following foods shouldn’t be eaten, unless they are your once-a-week cheat meal: cookies, chips, crackers, candy, ice cream, pudding, jell-o, flavored yogurt, deli meats, processed meats, white breads and pastas, sugary cereals, packaged processed crap, granola bars. They are all full of sugar and processed, chemical junk! Sugar spikes insulin and promotes fat storage. The OPPOSITE of what you want if your goal is a lean, healthy body. There are PLENTY of other delicious, healthy options to choose from!
- Cut down on the alcohol. It shuts down your metabolism, promotes fat storage and breaks down muscle tissue (awesome right?) If you can’t go a few weeks without a drink, there are bigger issues to solve than weight!
If you are thinking “I don’t have time for all of this” or “I’m on the go all the time”… just remember that successful and fit people, fitness competitors and fitness models with full time jobs, families and children still manage to find time to eat healthy and stay fit!
“If it’s important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.”
Don’t let excuses ruin your opportunities.. it’s not that you “can’t” it’s that you “won’t”. With that said… If you have a serious problem with any of this, please let me know and I’d be happy offer some solutions! =)
Feel like “quitting” cuz it’s “hard”??? Life is hard; so get used to it! Being overweight and obese is hard. Pick your “hard”. Know that making mistakes isn’t the end of the world but quitting is never an option.
Check out all of the info at this link and ask me what you need to learn or know first. We start the first Monday of next month…you need a few days to receive your products so let’s get started now!!