I am frequently asked how I stay motivated.
Motivation is a deeply personal thing. It’s important to realize that what motivates ME might not motivate YOU. Find something that makes you feel alive and excited. In case nothing leaps out at you, here are a few things to consider!
- Set goals for yourself. When you’ve achieved them, reward yourself with something like a massage, a manicure, a new workout outfit or clothing (something other than food).
- Think about how great you feel after your workout is completed. That is motivation in itself and usually my very FAVORITE part of my workout! 😉
- Think about how wonderful your body will look and feel if you stay consistent. Keep that image in your mind and put your efforts into achieving it. If needed, post pics of inspiring bodies that you are looking to achieve so you can see every day for motivation.
- Watch videos of your favorite competitors training or competing! (This is one of my favorites).
- Create a motivational collage of quotes and images and keep it somewhere where you can see it regularly. This is usually called a “dream board” and can be done on a simple white board (cutting and pasting the collage) or a cork board and just pin the pics and quotes into it.
- Set your phone background as your favorite motivational quote and set little reminders for yourself so you don’t lose focus.
- When you’re feeling discouraged think about how far you’ve COME instead of how far you have to GO! Positive reinforcement!
- If motivation begins to wane, make a checklist of all the things you’re thankful for, the things you’ve achieved so far and the things you hope to achieve through continued hard work. Focus on the positive!
Kick negative thoughts to the curb. You CAN do this. You have to believe in yourself. “Whether you can or you can’t, you’re right”. A recent fave quote I read is; “Rule #1; You must take another step. Rule #2; If you can’t take another step; refer to Rule #1.”
*TEASER: I am going to launch a challenge of all challenges. Details to come in a blog post this week! Subscribe to get it sent to you!