I am a sugar FANATIC!!!
I don’t suffer as much as I used to as my eating habits and daily shakeology supplements help feed my body with what it needs to not be a victim to sweet attacks every day. I now plan to enjoy them in sparingly; and usually feel best by keeping it super “Clean”.
Here is a version of an Almond Joy style candy/bar. 😉 I promise you that you will feel like you are indulging; but won’t feel guilty afterwards.
Almond Joy – Coco/Nut Bars
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 pan with coconut oil spray or coat lightly with melted coconut oil.
- Combine: 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, 3 large egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla extract & 1 tsp liquid stevia or 8 packets stevia
- Press very firmly into the bottom of pan
- Bake about 14 minutes, until edges are golden and middle is set.
- Let cool. Melt 1/2 cup dark chocolate/cacao with 1 tbsp coconut oil, pour over cooked coconut, sprinkle with chopped almonds (or preferred nuts)
- Set in freezer for a few minutes if needed to harden chocolate.
- Slice into bars ♥
Tell me what you think of them…or if you will take the time to create these amazing treats!!! We can enjoy the weekend without going off track.