Like BBQ chicken pizza?? Okay, I’m not claiming this is “clean” or as healthy as possible but oh my goodness…it WAS amazing! 🙂
So good, in fact, that my boys requested it the NEXT night for dinner again!! whaat? When does that happen? So here we go:
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 pkg. dry yeast (I buy a bulk bag and freeze it and use 2Tbsp for “one package”)
2 Tbsp. oil
2 tsp. salt
4 1/4 cups flour (any kind you like)
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. (all of it) Then either put it into a mixer (I’m lazy so I just keep it in a big bowl and mix it with a wooden spoon); and add the oil, salt and flour. Mix and knead until smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 60-90 minutes. I like to place the dough into a Pam sprayed bowl and then turn the dough upside down (so both sides are covered with the Pam) ….funny thought; when I hear the name “Pam”, I’m reminded of Kramer on Seinfeld saying the name “Pam” 😀 okay..back to the recipe…I then cover the bowl with saran wrap (kind of funny that these products are known as a popular brand name, right?) and then I place a towel on top of the wrap and put the bowl into my non-heated oven to rise. Less drafts and better rising!
- Roll out the dough into desired shapes and sizes. I either make 2-4 round pizza shapes or 2 rectangular shapes.
BBQ Chicken & Homemade Sauce:
Funny story here too; I was hoping to use a boughten BBQ sauce to use on this pizza but we had none in the cupboards and I’m too lazy to run to the store for this one thing…so homemade was the reasonable next option!
BBQ Sauce Recipe:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 c finely chopped onion
Put all ingredients in large pot. Bring to boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
Now onto the pizza!!!
- Cook up chicken and shred. (I did this step the day before so it was so much easier and took less time in the prep!)
- Top prepared pizza dough with BBQ sauce.
- Arrange shredded chicken on top of sauce.
- Add any other toppings.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes and ENJOY!!